1,243 Physician Assistant Jobs
Oncology - Surgical
Log in or sign up in seconds
Oncology - Surgical
Share Job Opening
Oncology - Surgical
Western Connecticut Health Network
Surgical Oncology Advanced Practitioner (Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant) – Norwalk and Danbury Hospitals – Fairfield County, Connecticut (50 miles from New York City)
Nuvance Health Medical Practice, CT, is seeking a Surgical Oncology Advanced Practitioner (APRN/PA) to join our growing network integrated program with responsibilities at Norwalk and Danbury Hospitals in Connecticut. The Advanced Practitioner will administer outpatient and inpatient care and manage complex cancer surgery patients including those with gastroesophageal, colorectal, pancreas, liver cancers and melanoma and sarcoma at Norwalk’s Whittingham Cancer Center and Danbury Hospital’s Praxair Cancer Center and Surgical clinics. Norwalk and Danbury Hospitals are located in suburban Fairfield County, Connecticut, about 50 miles outside New York City.
The ideal candidate will be a board certified Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant with strong training and/or experience in surgery. The role includes having an independent clinic to see, evaluate and administer plans and care to postoperative patients as well as long-term follow up patients. In addition, the advanced practitioner will work side by side with the surgical oncologists in the office setting. There will also be opportunity to assist in the OR for qualified candidates.
The cancer centers in Norwalk and Danbury Hospitals offer a full range of cancer care including radiation oncology, infusion, social workers, dieticians and surgical clinics. Patients are frequently seen by all physicians and team members in the same day.
Specific responsibilities include:
- See patients with surgeons prior to surgery and independently in follow up after surgery.
- Assist with inpatient care of patients including organizing discharge instructions, follow up visits, management and decision making for inpatient issues.
- Assist with surgery, for qualified candidates, including endocrine surgery, liver resections, esophagogastrectomy, Whipple surgery, gastric surgery, complex colorectal surgery and cytoreduction with HIPEC as well as melanoma and sarcoma.
- Manage postoperative wounds, basic suturing, incision and drainage, staple and suture removal, drain and feeding tube management.
- Assimilate data from relevant studies including imaging, pathology, and cardiopulmonary workups.
- Answer patient’s questions and concerns in a compassionate setting.
- Work closely with a dedicated GI oncology nurse navigator in a multidisciplinary setting, including medical and radiation oncology.
- Work closely with dieticians, genetic counselors, social work and mental health counselors for the individualized care of patients.
- Complete accurate history and physicals and carry out treatment plans.
- Formulate plans for patient care in conjunction with dedicated fellowship trained surgical oncologists and HPB surgeons.
The Cancer Program at Norwalk Hospital has a unique collaboration with Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center that integrates MSK medical and radiation oncologists and care practices with the program at Norwalk. We also have a team of subspecialized oncologists and gastroenterologists and an NRG membership. The Whittingham Cancer Center at Norwalk Hospital is home to the cancer outpatient clinics, linear accelerators and chemo-infusion suites. In addition, nationally renowned cancer researchers are based in the Danbury and Norwalk sites, offering a robust clinical trials portfolio, including phase I trials, and strong collaboration with PhD’s, physician scientists and dedicated research coordinators.
Nuvance Health Medical Practice, CT, is part of our newly formed network, Nuvance Health Nuvance Health serves 1.5 million residents across New York and Connecticut and includes more than 2,600 aligned physicians, 12,000 employees, seven hospitals (Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Northern Dutchess Hospital, Norwalk Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center, Sharon Hospital, and Vassar Brothers Medical Center), a large network of primary care and specialty practices, and multiple affiliated organizations.
Norwalk Hospital has 366 beds and is a Level II Trauma Center with approximately 50,000 ED visits per year. Astride a hill with a commanding view of the Long Island Sound, Norwalk Hospital serves a varied and attractive region of Southern Connecticut. The hospital is just minutes from beautiful beaches, and places to hike, swim, and sail in addition to numerous restaurants, museums, and theaters. New York City is easily accessible by car or train.
Danbury Hospital has 371 beds and is a Level II Trauma Center with approximately 70,000 ED visits per year. Danbury, Connecticut, located in the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains and on the border of New York State, is about 60 miles northeast of New York City. As part of the greater NY metropolitan area, the city of Danbury enjoys both proximity to New York City culture and access to a wide array of outdoor activities, including hiking, biking, fishing and boating in state and regional parks and preserves. Surrounded by a number of quaint towns, the area offers a variety of excellent housing and school options. Boston, New York City, New Haven and Hartford are easily accessible via train and car.
Western Connecticut Health Network and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers. This philosophy calls for equal opportunities for employment, training, and advancement regardless of sex, race, creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, religion, disability, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law.
© 2024 Scalppl.com All rights reserved.