1,173 Physician Assistant Jobs
Log in or sign up in seconds
Share Job Opening
Get hired. Get rewarded.
Let us know and we will share our placement fee with you ($300 Physician, $150 NP / PA)
Stamford Health has an immediate need for a Chief Physician Assistant with robotic skills to work in the Surgical Specialties at Stamford Hospital. This is a full-time position 1.0 FTE (37 1/2 hours per week) requiring clinical work and supervision. The Chief PA provides liaison functions between PAs, staff physicians in surgery, administration, other departments and external groups. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in surgery is required. Robotic experience is highly preferred. Surgical services that are supported include Neurosurgery, Otolaryngology and Urology.
- Performs the duties of the clinical functions of a Physician Assistant in surgery.
- Recognize patients who require immediate attention of a physician, and, when necessary, initiate, without supervision, emergency medical treatment.
- Provide clinical management of the surgery patient in the acute care setting
- Act as first assistant in the operation room.
- Develop and implement treatment plans in conjunction with physician.
- Provide education, instruction and counseling as indicated.
- Notify the attending physician of all significant patient problems. Collaborate with attending and nursing staff to solve problems as soon as possible.
- Anticipate the needs of patients and physicians when completing routine or special assignments.
- Manage time and complete all assigned patients rounds prior to end of the shift, including sign-out.
- Participates in Surgical Rounds, Grand Rounds and other CME programs.
- Serves as liaison to the division and departmental leadership.
- Develop and administer hospital policies for PAs. Assures safe implementation of protocols.
- Manages and updates the PA schedules, on-call and overtime. This includes PTO, approvals of time in Kronos and reporting of time.
- Performance evaluations of all direct reports.
- Recruits and trains PAs on clinical procedures and patient care. Defines job expectations and monitors productivity.
- Develops and implements competencies for PAs.
- Resolve scheduling conflicts and cover gaps if no other options are available.
- Ensure compliance with JACAHO standards including OSHA, and quality monitoring reports as required.
- Develops and implements process improvement for the PA group.
- Coordinates clinical education to student practitioners from affiliated entities.
- Works on quality improvement programs.
- Works with physician staff to recommend, evaluate procedures, new technology and supplies for the hospital.
- Works within budget allocations.
Stamford Hospital is a dynamic, non-profit, community, teaching hospital located in beautiful Stamford, Connecticut, located 30 miles north of New York City on the Long Island Sound. The teaching affiliations are with the renowned Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and Sacred Heart University PA Program.
Education, License and Requirements:
- Connecticut State Licensed Physician Assistant and Board Certification are required
- Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Life Support (ACLS)
- Proficiency in all procedures, techniques and skills approved in the delineation of privileges.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including retirement contributions and CME allowance.
- Highly attractive community in which to live and work.
- Competitive salary with benefits including health/dental/vision/long-term disability and life insurance.
- Commutable from NYC, Westchester and CT
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Interviews are being scheduled. Please send a cover letter and resume to Fran Johnson.
© 2023 Scalppl.com All rights reserved.