766 Psychiatry Physician Jobs
Log in or sign up in seconds
Share Job Opening
Lifespan Physician Group
Assistant Director of Psychiatry Emergency Services needed to evaluate patients in the 16-bed locked psychiatric unit at Rhode Island Hospital. This position is in the Andrew F. Anderson Emergency Center, the only Level I Trauma Center in southeastern New England, serving the region's most severely ill people – about 110,000 annually.
The clinical details:
- Work collaboratively with a team in this setting including LMHCs from Lifespan partner Gateway Community Mental Health Center, advance practice psychiatric nurse specialists, and the MD/PA/NP/nursing staff of the Anderson ED
- Provide direct patient care and consultative services in emergent and routine circumstances
- Assist the division director in assuring the delivery of high quality, efficient, and cost-effective clinical services in the hospital
- Adhere to Rhode Island Hospital patient safety guidelines
- Assist assuring physician group with compliance with Rhode Island Hospital Medical Staff Guidelines (CMEs, Medical Records, OPPE requirements, etc)
- Assist with implementation of clinical policies and procedures as well as monitoring clinical activity to assure we meet policy expectations
The education and research responsibilities:
- Facilitate the program’s education and research including maintenance of clinical curriculum
- Provide supervision for a range of trainees including Brown Medical School adult and triple-board psychiatric residents doing both core and elective rotations, medical students, and addiction medicine fellows
- Education/lecturing of Anderson ED staff including MDs, PAs, NPs, and nursing staff
- As sought, lecturing to and individual supervision of residents in the psychiatric training program
- Participation in other department academic activities including academic appointment and activities required to maintain appointment
- Compensation DOE – combination of salary and RVU
- EMR is EPIC with a commitment to on-going optimization
- Diverse patient population (clinically, culturally, and economically)
- Dynamic leadership team that values work-life balance
- $3500 CME/Practice allowance + 1 week
- Excellent benefits
- 4 weeks PTO
- 401k with 6% match (after 1 year of employment, 3-year vesting)
- Additional moonlighting shifts available
- Board certified or eligible psychiatrist
- Ability to obtain a medical license in Rhode Island
Rhode Island Hospital is a 719 bed, level 1 trauma center in the heart of Providence.
Inpatient panel is high acuity. Educational programs at Brown include adult psychiatry residency, consultation-liaison fellowship, geriatric fellowship, child fellowship, psychology internship, externship and post-doctoral fellows
With 750+ providers Lifespan Physician Group offers a multitude of services. We are proud of our Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Services which offer our community a full range of assessment and treatment options to address the mental, emotional, and behavioral problems that occur throughout life. Our programs encompass a comprehensive view of mental health that includes and integrates the biological, psychological and social dimensions of care.
© 2023 Scalppl.com All rights reserved.