1,128 Nurse Practitioner Jobs
Log in or sign up in seconds
Share Job Opening
Universal Health Services, Inc.
The Meadows Psychiatric Center in Centre Hall, PA is seeking a full-time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) to join our specialized team in the treatment of Behavioral Health patients. The Meadows has Acute inpatient treatment services for both males and females ages 4-Geriatric with diverse Psychiatric treatment issues. The new PMHNP will be rounding in our patients in our inpatient settings with an emphasis on helping our Psychiatrist with weekly med-checks. The caseload averages 16 -18 patients per day. A schedule of 40 hours a week (full-time).
• Provide psychiatric medical care under the oversight and in collaboration with the psychiatric physicians at the Meadows.
• Complete a Psychiatric Admitting Evaluation on newly admitted patients
• Ensure that appropriate orders and recommendations are made for treatment and psychiatric/medical care following the initial psychiatric/medical evaluation
• Conduct reviews of patients’ psychiatric/medical status as needed
• Communicate with families on significant psychiatric/medical issues
• As directed, ensure that psychiatric rounding occurs on patients throughout their stay at the facility
• Respond to or give appropriate orders for emergency needs or care of patients in crises as needed
• Document the patient's medical record each time he/she sees and/or treats a patient and keep progress notes regarding treatment as well as written doctor's orders.
• Participate as needed in utilization reviews with insurance companies for the benefit of patients and their families
• Make appropriate discharge recommendations and prescriptions for psychiatric medication needs for each patient at the time of discharge
• Countersign all telephone orders in the patient record
Interested individuals should apply through this ad or directly to the In-House Physician Recruitment Department of Universal Health Services, Inc.
The Meadows is the leading psychiatric treatment facility of Central Pennsylvania. It is at the core of an integrated delivery system providing comprehensive services in a variety of treatment settings. Services are provided for child and adolescent patient populations with psychiatric and chemical dependency diagnoses. With a wide referral network of providers throughout Central Pennsylvania and beyond, The Meadows represents a regional specialty system structured to meet the continuum of care demanded by patients, professionals, and payers.
The Meadows Psychiatric Centerl is owned and operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services (UHS), one of the nation's leading hospital management companies.
Salary: Very competitive but based upon candidate’s experience, credentials and scope of work.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life Insurance; Short- and Long-term Disability; Accident Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Vacation and Medical Leave; 401(k)Retirement Savings Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Relocation Reimbursement
An option for Independent contractor can also be considered if needed/desired.
- PhD or Master’s Degree in Nursing from recognized school of nursing
- Current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner/APRN in the State of Pennsylvania or willingness to obtain licensure in the State of Pennsylvania.
- Board Certified through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Psychiatric and Mental Health
- Current National DEA Certificate
OUR FOCUS IS SIMPLE: WE WORK TO HELP OUR PATIENTS GET BETTER SO THEY CAN LIVE BETTER LIVES. ARE YOU READY TO TAKE A STEP AND JOIN US AS WE CONTINUE TO GROW OUR SERVICES?
Find out how you fit at The Meadows. Contact Me For Additional Details!
In-house Physician Recruiter
© 2023 Scalppl.com All rights reserved.